Out & About
Limited Mobility Friendly
We like to avoid stereotypes where we can, so we weren't sure if Bingo should be included. But! There are a heap of reasons Bingo is popular with so many Old Mates: It's social, it's accessible, it's mentally stimulating, and it's just plain fun.
Bingo halls can be found in almost every town and city with playing times varied to suit you and your Old Mate best. (Google will be your friend here).
If you're not familiar with Bingo, it's a simple game:
· You're given a card with a 5x5 grid of random numbers.
· The Bingo host draws numbers out of a tombola, which you cross off your card (if applicable).
· The first person to cross out five numbers in a row (horizontally, vertically or diagonally), shouts 'BINGO' and wins the game.
· Repeat until you or your Old Mate has had enough.
NB: There are different house rules and prizes depending on where you play, so double check before playing.
· Every number between 1-90 has a 'nickname' in bingo (eg; 17 = Dancing Queen). If you want to be one of the cool kids who knows their bingo lingo, then check out this helpful list. If not, then just say bingo lingo over and over a few times - it's super fun to say.
· This is the perfect perfect activity to combine with the Old Mate Double Date activity.