Out & About
Limited Mobility Friendly
Some sangas, some cheese, and maybe even a little wine...?
A picnic basket is easy to throw together and a great excuse to get outside.
Give some thought to accessibility-appropriate locations to take your Old Mate. Parks, lakes creeks, and beaches are good standard options. If your Old Mate is still fit and active, then consider a small walk or hike to a location with a great view - it'll make the picnic at the end of the trek all the more rewarding.
If you decide to pair your picnic with a walk:
· Check the whether in advance and pack appropriately.
· Ensure you and your Old Mate stay hydrated throughout the walk.
· Make sure you have a back-up transport option if your Old Mate tires.
· Many cafes nowadays will put together takeaway hampers / picnic baskets if you ask them nicely.
· Here's a list of 30 picnic food ideas compiled by Woman's Day.