Out & About
Low Cost or Free
Your town is a treasure trove of sights, sounds and people. Going for an intentional walk is a great way to get you and your Old Mate active and to discover a different side to your local area.
There are a few ways to do this:
Research: Take some time to research specific things about your town - eg; views, gardens, cafes, etc., so that you and your Old Mate have a specific path mapped out in advance.
Wing it: Just pick a starting point and start wandering. This is a great way to stumble upon any number of hidden gems in your local area that you never knew existed.
· Check the weather in advance and pack appropriately.
· Ensure you and your Old Mate stay hydrated throughout the walk.
· Make sure you have a back-up transport option if your Old Mate tires.
· If you're in a major city, there are a trove of walking apps to help you discover your city like GPS My City.
· Depending on your Old Mate's mobility and capability, you might want to consider cycling, rowing or some other form of 'getting around' instead of walking. Did someone say tandem bike?